Saturday, April 30, 2011

Life is For Savoring.

It's true what they say: life is for savoring. I find it so easy to warp myself into a routine of strict dieting, no-frills dressing and monotonous work scheduling that leaves me feeling consistently exhausted and bored. Lately, I've been loosening up a bit and reflecting on what truly makes one happy. I know that  unfortunately it is not as simple as a set of rules, but I think there are ideals one can at least support or attempt. A few ideas I'm trying to incorporate:
The Seven Ultimate Truths:
1. Eat your heart out, sweetheart.
2. You only live once.
3. Enjoy every day as if it were your last.
4. Achieve "content."
5. Participate in activities that demand descriptions like "exuberant, delightful and lovely."
6. Anticipate smooth sailing (but back your Hunter Rain boots for possible showers).
7.  Enjoy comforts but beckon change. Consider it a spice, adding new flavor to an old favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment