Monday, July 4, 2011

Barca!


Last Tuesday I boarded my flight to Barcelona, and landed safely Wednesday morning lacking sleep but making up for it with a great amount of excitement. The plane ride was an overnight flight so I tried to keep occupied with The Picture of Dorian Gray and my best friend, Syra, by my side. Unfortunately, we had a lay over in Switzerland, but we made the best of it was an early breakfast- a cup of coffee (which was 8 Euros...literally!) and Muesli (for those of you who do not know, it is most similar to cold oatmeal). After our four hour layover, we took a quick flight from Geneva, Switzerland to Barcelona, Spain.

Although I was extremely jet lagged, the program I am on required a four hour orientation where I heard a little bit about the itinerary for the next few days. I am enrolled in two classes with my program, International Business and Financial Accounting, which are both going quite well as I have had my second day of class. Every morning we have class from 9 to 1:30 and then fill our days with touring, shopping, eating and sampling the night life. So far, I have visited La Rambla and toured the streets and shops. Above is a picture of a market in La Rambla with all of the little trinkets and different foods. Candy is certainly ubiqutous in Barcelona as everywhere my group tours there seems to be bundles of sweets that taste delightfully sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! thanks for your comment!! you are here in Barcelona?? sure it likes you!! We have a lot of things to do here! haha
    have a nice trip and classes, see you!

    ReplyDelete